Sunday, August 16, 2009

I had a baby!

Introducing Benjamin Patrick Cole. He was born on June 24th, 8 lbs 2 oz of sweet baby boy. He arrived about five minutes before the midwife did! His birth was very fast; he was born about 20 minutes after my water broke, into Dad's arms. A few hours after he was born he began having trouble breathing, so we took him to the ER. They found his O2 sat was 74 and immediately admitted him to the NICU. He stayed in NICU for six days. He had bacterial pneumonia, most likely caused by his rapid birth.

He is 7 1/2 weeks old now, weighs over 12 pounds and is absolutely wonderful. He's a sweet, darling baby boy who loves to be held and snuggled, and we're happy to oblige. This makes it difficult to sew, though I have been able to take up knitting in the lull time.

I do not know right now when I will be reopening the store. I would ideally like to open again in October, but right now finding time to sew is difficult. I'm taking each day as it comes and will definitely post here prior to reopening. Thank you all for the support!

No comments: